Sunday, November 10, 2019

To my Husna; on your first birthday



To my little and beloved Husna, your birth brought us so much joy, we became parents of a lovely child like you. We named you Husna because you're "the best", "the most beautiful".

On November 10, 2018 you were born as a first year anniversary gift for our wedding on November 11, the year before.

You actually developed full term just so you can come at the right time.

In the face of anxiety over your sex, you arrived, a baby girl. Our early scans told us to expect you but later ones let us down. Your coming brought big joy to us especially your paternal grandmother. Grandma didn't have a daughter and until your arrival wished for a granddaughter.

So you see, we were very excited to receive you. You're special, that's why we call you "Ubweisei (Princess)".

Mummy's pain in bringing you to the world is one that is hard to describe. From about 8pm on that blessed Friday when the active labour started to few minutes after Fajr prayers on Saturday when you were born, she journeyed on the death road. Alhamdulilah, she returned.

In pain, your mum could not hide her excitement, she screamed out of joy with your first cry.

You arrived just few minutes after Fajr. I hope that means you offered your dawn prayers before arrival. Remember this whilst you remain in this transient world.

From that Saturday when you arrived to this Sunday when you're a year old, we like the person you're becoming. A very observant young girl with a strong will.

I am also happy to see myself in you. That you have my big childhood forehead and do not like going to anybody else besides us, your parents. Like father, like daughter.

That you feel like a Princess is traced back to your maternal grandfather who called mummy Princess as well.

I hope you grow up to make us proud of your achievements.

On this day, I leave you with a slightly edited part of a poetry by The Game:

"I hope you grow up to become that everything you can be
That's all I want for you Husna, like Father, like Daughter

But in the end I hope you turn out better than me
I hope you know I love you Husna, like Father, like Daughter"

God bless your path. Happy birthday my Husna.

Mummy and Abba loves you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails