Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Role of Fatherhood, Stories of a New Uncle



Did I tell you I became an Uncle effective yesterday afternoon, 20th December, 2014?

Well, my elder brother decided to be a father yesterday (by God's grace) and so around 3-something (my timing is very Ghanaian), he had a boy who according to our mum and himself looks like ME. That makes me happy. Clap for me.

Charley, but the waiting period isn't easy at all. Even me who is just an in-law to the innocent woman was feeling the pressure. To make matters worse, a young lady lost her baby around the same time (may Allah make her strong). Now, at that time, all the marriage plans I have being doing in my HEAD was put on HOLD. All I was thinking was ooossshhhh, this would be difficult for me ooo. I could see from my brother's face he was in 'hell'.

So I begun to recite some prayers. I'm a lil prayerful especially when I need a favour from God. At sometime around 3pm my mum came out to tell us, the soon-to-be mum had reached her crucial stage.

It didn't take long for me to hear the mid-wives shouting at her. This was the time my brother decided to be a caring husband. He didn't understand why the mid-wives will shout at his suffering wife. He didn't finish complaining when my mum and I pounced on him. I was telling him, man, better the shouting at her than for us to lose any of them; child or mum. In fact, had she continued the delay of child birth, I would have gone inside and given her a big slap at her back (don't mind me, the way I was shaking I couldn't have found the entrance mpo).

My brother who could not hide his anxiety, had gone to peep through the windows (for some reason, the mid-wives didn't allow us entry). He came back to inform us, his wife had delivered. Then we heard a tapping. The baby who had enjoyed much comfort in the womb decided not to cry, so the mid-wives wanted to tell him he is in a new world. Then the joyful cry. Awwww, right there I felt proud and then I resumed my marriage preparation thoughts (hehehe, I didn't delay koraa). Me too, I want to be a father some. By the way if a child is born and does not cry, it means a lot ooo. It doesn't always mean comfort for the child.

So it happened, all praise to the almighty Allah, I have a nephew now. I wish this young boy (his name would be something something Abdul-Rahman) a long healthy successful life. If he grows up to read this: If I'm still alive, he should know his uncle loves him so much, if I'm no more, he should say a word of prayer for me (at this point, right now) and know that I loved him.

God guide us all and give us good children who would make us proud. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails